
History of Our Church
Church Building History
September 17, 1792 – White Marsh Church was officially organized. The land was donated by George Brent Jr. and his wife, Sarah, for the sum of five shillings. The original building was a log structure and was referred to by the bishop as the "Lancaster Meeting House".
​
1848 – Original log structure was replaced with the present brick structure
​
1966 – An annex was added to the back of the church
​
2002 – White Marsh United Methodist congregation was decommissioned and closed for services
​
2010 – The United Methodist Conference turned over the building and cemetery to the Historic White Marsh Church, Inc.
​
2014 – Historic White Marsh Church services began
​
2022 – Victory Fellowship Hall and a parking lot were added
​
Fun Facts: What we know today as the back of the church was originally the entrance, and the chancel had a high pulpit. The entrance and pulpit location were later changed to their present location, both facing the road frontage. The original kerosene lamps, mounted on cast iron brackets, were eventually converted to electric and continue to hang from the pillars today.









